Pages / Tabs

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wedding Invitation

So, the wedding invites... this was a big deal for me, not only were these going to be sent to everyone we know and love, but my granddad was a printer and I had always thought that he would be the one to do my wedding invites. Unfortunately, my granddad had passed away a number of years prior and I could not bring myself to have someone else do them for me.

We knew the colour theme of our wedding, and I had some A4 card, ribbon and A4 paper. I had no idea what I wanted to achieve and no idea what was supposed to be included in the invite, so I went on the (Google) hunt, and finally figured out what we needed to do. I knew that we didn't want a simple 'card' design, so sent with a tri-fold.

It look me way longer than it should have, but I was in no rush and it helped pass the days while I was not able to work.

1. Create the wording
I figured I needed the following information in the invite:

- Standard invite wording
- Registry information 
- Information sheet - local hotels, taxi numbers, etc. 
- RSVP - This also included the dinner selection

We found a heart stamp that we incorporated throughout the wedding, we also included it on the invite wording. 



2. Cut the card
Take a piece of A4 card (or 11X17 in the US) and cut exactly down the middle, I used a guillotine to ensure a straight edge. 
Cut the paper 

3. Fold the card
I decided on the right flap being larger than the left and set about folding all of the cards. Once I knew how much space I would have inside the cards (for the invite wording) I knew how large to print things.



4. Print everything
I printed the invite wording, guest information, RSVP and registry info on the turquoise paper. 





5. Add some personal details
I used some left over card and created the detail for the front of the card, printed "Wedding Invitation" on turquoise paper (I also printed some "Evening Invitation" for the evening guests). 

I glued together the wording and cards, added a bow and stuck it to the front of the invites. 



6. Put the invites together
I folded the guest information (I designed this to be 4 times bigger than the RSVP and Registry information). These were then placed together, held in together with a ribbon and glued to the inside of the right flap, and added the invite wording. 






7. Putting everything in the envelope
I decided that I wanted to make the envelopes a little more personal. 
I used the stamp and cut hearts into the envelope flap, and then glued a turquoise triangle on the back. 




(Sorry for the lack of pics, I guess I never expected to document the process)

No comments:

Post a Comment