Pages / Tabs

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Craft for our First Home!!

So, we recently moved into our first home!! I wanted to make the entrance more personal, so I set about making a wreath.



1. Get the materials together
- Foam pipe insulation
- Duct tape
- Twine
- Burlap
- Stanley knife
- Large sewing needle


 2. Create the loop
Cut the pipe insulation to the desired length, then use the duct tape to secure the ends of the pipe insulation (I didn't want a typical circle, so I made a teardrop)


3. Cover in twine 
I started by tying a knot and just kept going until I had gone all the way around. This is a great job to do while watching TV or a film. 



4. Create the flowers

I did some (YouTube) research and found out how to make burlap/material flowers. 
This is a great tutorial: http://craftingmom.com/burlap-flowers/

I didn't have a glue gun, so took a thread from the burlap and sewed the flower together on the back as I went. 


5. Attach the flowers

Attach more thread on the back of the flowers and tie on the wreath.
(If I had a glue gun, I would have just glued these in place) 


6. Add a hanging loop

Attach a loop of thread at the top of the wreath. 


There was a nail in the door when we moved in, so I just used that to hang the wreath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment