Pages / Tabs

Friday, November 9, 2012

Order of Service

So, as previously mentioned, I made as much stuff for the wedding as was possible.

The Order Service (OS) was one of the easier items to make.

I didn't really have any inspiration for this, I just went with it.

You will need card for the cover and paper for the insert (like a very short book).

1. Design the cover

I found a lovely image online, but it was on a cream background, as I was printing in black and white, I needed to edit the image, I opened the image in Paint and set it to the highest zoom, then got to editing! 



2. Add the details to the cover

I found guides/templates online and took bits and pieces from lots of different places. 

Here is what we used:

THE CELEBRATION AND BLESSING
      OF
Bride's Name 
   &
Groom's Name
Date

Location (Hotel/Manor House)
City, State, Country


3. Design the inside
Ensure that your margins are correct, and print a test first. 

I created the Order of Service using Word in two columns. 
We then printed it on cream paper. 

4. Putting everything together
Cut half a cm from each edge of the insert, this will ensure that it does not stick out when it was all put together. 

Using a flat surface fold all of the covers and inserts (I used a butter knife along the fold to create a sharp crease).

Take the folded insert and apply glue to the crease (I used a glue brush to keep things from getting messy), place the insert in the cover, and repeat. I had this on a production line. 

5. Adding a personal touch

I decided that this needed something extra. I took some very thin ribbon, measured the ribbon (double the length of the OS with a few extra inches) and cut it to size. I then tied the ribbon around the OS and tied it at the bottom. 
                                             


6. Distribute

My brothers were the ushers and they handed out the Order of Service, along with a Thai fan (Or dear friend Sina had flown in from Thailand to be with us, and she brought enough back for all the ladies). 




No comments:

Post a Comment