Pages / Tabs

Friday, November 9, 2012

My First Wedding Craft - Favour Boxes

Here is where it all started! The favour boxes!!


Before moving to the US, I had to wait for my Fiance Visa. I decided that the time would be best spent at home with my family and friends in England. It ended up being a long six months, but it allowed me plenty of time to get wedding plans together and some much needed quality time with some amazing people! 

I loved the idea of the personalized M&Ms and just needed a way to get them to our guests. So I got to Googling some images and came up with a simple 'box and bow' combo. I borrowed my brother's craft knife and cutting board, got some card and ribbon, and got to work! I bought the cream card from WH Smith in the UK and the ribbon from Hobby Craft, I am sure that there is something similar available in Hobby Lobby or Michael's in the US.


1. Find a template online, I can send you the template that I used if you need it.

 I printed it on paper and cut out a master template on a thick piece of card (I think I used the back of a pad of paper!) 



If you would like a copy of this template, please let me know and I will email you the PDF
2. Cut out the box bases and lids

I made a test box to make sure that it was what I was expecting and to ensure that the lid fitted. 

Then, I cut out all of the box bases and all of the lids, I then scored along the folds to make the creases sharp.

3. Putting the boxes together

I used PVA glue, Elmers will work fine. I would advise leaving the glue to become tacky before folding the flaps to create the box. I also held the flaps in place using paper clips, it was better than holding them in place myself. 

4. Add decoration

I wanted to have bows on my boxes but was not prepared to tie the bows in the days leading up to the wedding, so I bypassed the base of the box and just put the bows on the lids. 



5. Fill the boxes

I found some theme coloured tissue paper and shredded it (well, mum did that!), I put the M&Ms in netting and tied it up with ribbon, and then they were done! 




No comments:

Post a Comment